As we close out our 185th season, we’re asking our community to help us to end this unusually difficult year on a high note. The support of generous donors like you is absolutely critical to helping The National Theatre Foundation meet the challenges of operating in a constantly evolving environment.
Our goal is to welcome 185 new donors (one for each of the theatre’s 185 years) by August 31. To encourage our community’s broad generosity, we are pleased to announce that our Board of Directors has assembled an incredible $30,000 matching pool to create the Curtain Call Challenge. The terms are straightforward: Every contribution received between now and August 31, 2021 will be matched 1:1. When made today, your gift will have twice the impact!
Please consider a generous gift today. Perhaps you could give $60, $100, $250 or even more! Any amount you can give will really help.
Gifts to The National Theatre Foundation are 100% tax-deductible. Every dollar goes to work immediately:
- supporting our much-loved educational programs;
- preserving and enhancing our beautiful and historic facility;
- ensuring we have the resources needed to reopen safely for patrons, artists, and staff.
Over the last year, despite the challenges facing the performing arts, our commitment to providing high-quality educational and family programming to the Greater Washington region never faltered. In fact, with the faithful support of friends like you, we were able to expand our free programs to provide audiences who might not otherwise have access to the arts with an array of meaningful virtual experiences.
While we eagerly await a return to live theatre this fall, we invite you to join our growing community of supporters today. With an unprecedented $30,000 in challenge funds at stake, there’s never been a better opportunity to become a Friend of The National. What’s more, your support today will help to ensure that the theatre is ready to welcome you back when we reopen later this fall.
We recognize that you receive requests for support from a variety of worthy organizations, so we are especially appreciative of your generous consideration. Thank you!
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
How to take the Curtain Call Challenge by August 31, 2021
- Online at our secure website
- Phone: 202-783-3370
- Mail: via a check dated on or before August 31 made out and mailed to the National Theatre Foundation, Attention: Development, 1321 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Donor-Advised Fund: Select The National Theatre Foundation (d.b.a. National Theatre Corporation) using our EIN/Tax ID: 52-1014217 and submit your grant recommendation.
- Stock Gift: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed instructions.
- Are you eligible for a matching gift? Many employers sponsor matching gift programs that match charitable contributions made by their employees, retirees, board members, and/or their spouses. The impact of your gift to The National could be doubled or possibly tripled! To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you figure it out.